Friday, 11 November 2011

12th Lesson + Overall Reflection

For this week, we continue with the group presentations on their web-based reports. The topics covered were beauty, tablet technology, politics and issues on terrorism and counter-terrorism. Personally, I actually thought the groups presenting on beauty and politics were the more interesting ones for this lesson. 

For Beauty & the Beast, they had a very light-hearted approach for their presentation by giving out perfume samples to get the class to interact with them and even had one of their male members painted his nails to highlight their opinions about beauty. As for the other group, who presented on technology and politics, it was interesting to watch them perform a short skit on the recent Singapore election to enable the class to relate to their topic better. 

9/10 for this lesson, I could see alot of effort being put in by all the groups and I have enjoyed the presentations!

Overall Reflection
As this is the final lesson for the term, I would like to say that I have truly learnt alot about Technology and World Change, under the guidance of Prof Gurinder. The lessons were mostly entertaining, interesting and thought-provoking about what is in store for the future to come. 

However, this is not the end, even though I have completed the module. After this class, I have realized that I got so much more to learn and be kept updated about the new technologies. In fact, I actually found the TWC FB page to be a good avenue to share and learn about some of the world issues and latest technologies. 

"This is perhaps the most beautiful time in human history; it is really pregnant with all kinds of creative possibilities made possible by science and technology which now constitute the slave of man - if man is not enslaved by it."  
~Jonas Salk

Thought that this quote pretty much relates to the situation in the world right now, where there are acutally so many unimaginable possibilities taking place. However, for the enslaving part on man, I think a good example is the Internet. As we progress, we are becoming more and more dependent and reliant on it for information, entertainment and etc. I also found it quite apt to think that like me, most humans are becoming like slaves to the Internet. 

More importantly, I feel that this module has taught me on how we can better make use of these technologies and make the world a better place to live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment